Actor Esmé Bianco says Marilyn Manson repeatedly abused her

Actor Esmé Bianco, left, sued Marilyn Manson, right, on Friday alleging sexual, physical and emotional abuse and claiming the musician violated human trafficking law by bringing her to California from England under false pretenses.

(AP) — Actress Esmé Bianco sued Marilyn Manson on Friday, alleging sexual, physical and emotional abuse.

In the lawsuit filed in federal court in Los Angeles, Bianco, who played Ros in the first three seasons of HBO’s “Game of Thrones,” says that Manson violated human trafficking law by bringing her to California from England under the false pretenses of roles in music videos and movies that never materialized.

The lawsuit alleges that in 2009, Manson, whose legal name is Brian Warner, flew Bianco to Los Angeles to shoot a video for the song, “I Want to Kill You Like They Do in the Movies.” The lawsuit says that Bianco was expected to stay at Manson’s home instead of the hotel where she had been booked, and there was no crew, only Manson himself shooting with a phone. Manson deprived Bianco of food and sleep, though he gave her alcohol and drugs, locked her in a bedroom, whipped her, gave her electric shocks, tried to force her to have sex with another woman and threatened to enter her room and rape her during the night, the lawsuit alleges. No video was ever released.

Manson’s attorney, Howard E. King, responded: “These claims are provably false. To be clear, this suit was only filed after my client refused to be shaken down by Ms. Bianco and her lawyer and give in to their outrageous financial demands based on conduct that simply never occurred. We will vigorously contest these allegations in court and are confident that we will prevail.”

Manson and Bianco began a long-distance relationship later in 2009, the suit says. Manson again brought Bianco to L.A. in 2011, ostensibly to appear in his feature film, “Phantasmagoria,” though that project also never materialized. During that visit, Manson would not allow Bianco to leave home without his permission, chased her around their apartment with an ax, cut her without her consent and photographed the cuts and posted the pictures online, also without her consent, the suit alleges.

The AP generally does not identify people who say they have been sexually assaulted. But Bianco said she is coming forward publicly to air her allegations with hopes that others will do the same.

Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Please note: Online comments may also run in our print publications.
Keep it clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Please turn off your CAPS LOCK.
No personal attacks. Discuss issues & opinions rather than denigrating someone with an opposing view.
No political attacks. Refrain from using negative slang when identifying political parties.
Be truthful. Don’t knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be proactive. Use the “Report” link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with us. We’d love to hear eyewitness accounts or history behind an article.
Use your real name: Anonymous commenting is not allowed.
.
The News&Guide welcomes comments from our paid subscribers. Tell us what you think. Thanks for engaging in the conversation!

Thank you for reading!

Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to read or post comments.