On August 26, 2021, Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Rylee McCollum, 20, of Jackson, was one of 13 U.S. service members killed in a suicide bombing at the airport in Kabul, Afghanistan, during operations to evacuate Americans and U.S. allies from the country. In the days that followed, the community gathered to honor McCollum and support his family.
Brad Boner has worked as a photojournalist for 25 years and has directed the News&Guide’s visuals since 2004. He lives on the west side of the Tetons with his wife, two kids, two grumpy cats and Rosie the red heeler.
As featured on
- Police, Teton Park still searching for three missing persons
- Missing woman believed to last be in Teton Park
- Kayaker who went missing in 1995 recovered from Palisades
- Jackson Hole-area tips may assist in search for Gabby Petito
- U.S. Marine Lance Cpl. Rylee McCollum comes home
- Shoot, snip, swipe, get pinched for poaching
- How Grand Teton National Park tourists use the park is changing
- The Bar J Wranglers say goodbye — for now
- Missing man may have gone camping
- Victor Elementary School announces three-day closure