The Astoria Bridge in Hoback reopened Friday to one-vehicle traffic. There is a weight limit of 10,000 pounds and a maximum height of 8 feet 4 inches. The bridge has been closed since Dec. 8, 2022, after a semi-trailer that exceeded the height limit hit the bridge. Traffic to the homes and a handful of businesses by the Snake River Sporting Club was forced to use a one-way emergency route under a permit with the Bridger-Teton National Forest.
Recommended for you
- ‘Salvager’ quarters moose during morning rush hour
- Dog likely 'elevated' Teton Village moose trampling
- Jackson No. 1 'small town for singles' in U.S.
- Munz takes over Pink Garter Theatre
- Ski instructor arrested for sexual exploitation of children
- Jackson man facing 17 counts of voyeurism, sexual abuse against children
- Grand Teton: 'No reason to believe' 399 won't emerge from den
- Teton County sees slight population decline in 2022
- Duo launches wine label from Jackson
- ‘It's pothole city’
- Yellowstone rangers, guides seek union (2)
- ‘Salvager’ quarters moose during morning rush hour (1)
- In Selma, Biden says right to vote remains under assault (1)
- TSA says it will match Jackson Hole Airport screeners’ hourly wage (1)
- Law, 93, valued work and family (1)
- Area women use momentum to 'march onward' (1)
- Housing crunch spurs church to develop 'pocket neighborhood' for staff (1)
- Ress ups the ante (1)
- Governor passes ban on trans girls in sports (1)
- Barrasso, Lummis split over Iraq War repeal (1)
- Munz takes over Pink Garter Theatre (1)
- Source: Lawyer invited to testify before Trump grand jury (1)
- World on 'thin ice' as UN climate report gives stark warning (1)
- Police: Boy shoots 2 administrators at Denver high school (1)
- County signs GIS contract to follow Greenwood Mapping (1)
- Voters could pass new tax policy (1)
- Gender Spectrum conversation rescheduled for Monday (1)
- Officers respond to flurry of illegal trailers on Teton Pass (1)
- Veterans testify of 'catastrophic' impact of Afghan collapse (1)
- Visa, Mastercard pause decision to track gun shop purchases (1)
- Biden rolls out budget plan, challenges GOP to follow suit (1)
- Arctic sea ice thins in 2 big jumps, and now more vulnerable (1)
- GALLERY: Elk Feeding Grounds (1)
- Jackson Hole Daily Letters To The Editor (1)
- ‘It's pothole city’ (1)
- Biden: World 'turning the tide' after backslide on democracy (1)
- Get Ta-Nehisi Coates tix March 22 (1)
- Snow can land one on one's back (1)
- Abortion now illegal in Wyoming (1)
- Dog likely 'elevated' Teton Village moose trampling (1)
- Swiss skier Odermatt wins super-G, approaches points record (1)
- 'Everything' wins best picture, is everywhere at Oscars (1)
- EDITORIAL: Public business needs sunshine (1)
- Slap fighting: The next big thing, or unsporting stupidity? (1)
- Ski resorts are embracing a new role: climate activist (1)
- Anthony Fauci documentary on PBS covers a career of crises (1)
Welcome to the discussion.
Please note: Online comments may also run in our print publications.
Keep it clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Please turn off your CAPS LOCK.
No personal attacks. Discuss issues & opinions rather than denigrating someone with an opposing view.
No political attacks. Refrain from using negative slang when identifying political parties.
Be truthful. Don’t knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be proactive. Use the “Report” link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with us. We’d love to hear eyewitness accounts or history behind an article.
Use your real name: Anonymous commenting is not allowed.
The News&Guide welcomes comments from our paid subscribers. Tell us what you think. Thanks for engaging in the conversation!