Autumn is here, and that means the leaves are falling, the frost is on the pumpkins and we’re cozying up to warm toddies, spiced cider and spooktails for Halloween.
For many it also means Mocktober and sober October, so we have a few recipes to get you in the “spirit” of safely celebrating Halloween in a year that has been anything but ordinary.
If you’re bubbling around a cauldron or firepit on All Hallows’ Eve, try a Korbel Screamsicle Mimosa. Elevated by a scoop of vanilla ice cream and shavings of dark chocolate, this effervescent brew is a delicious way to set the mood for your Halloween get-together. This sweet recipe also pairs perfectly with everyone’s favorite fall snack: Halloween candy! Learn how to make this tasty cocktail below.
Korbel Screamsicle Mimosa
• Korbel California Brut
• 2 oz. no-pulp orange juice
• 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
• Shaved dark chocolate, optional
1. Pour 2 oz. orange juice into a champagne flute
2. Stir in a scoop of vanilla ice cream
3. Top with Korbel
4. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings if desired
If you’re going sans alcohol, try this zero-proof cocktail, created by Bacardi brand ambassador Manny Hinojosa
• 1/4 oz. The Perfect Purée Red Jalapeño Puree, thawed
• 5 oz. tomato juice
• 1/2 oz. soy sauce
• 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
• Dash of Maggi sauce
• 4 drops of sesame oil
• Pinch of salt
• Pinch of black pepper
• Pinch of ginger powder
1. Mix all ingredients then pour into a glass with ice and a salted rim. Garnish with red jalapeño, cherry tomato, celery, lime wheel, onion and toasted sesame seeds.
8 Ball Boozy Brownie
Looking beyond the glass? 8 Ball Premium Chocolate Whiskey is the perfect ingredient for this adult-only 8 Ball Boozy Brownie recipe.
• 1 box brownie mix
• 1 tbs. shortening
• 8 oz. butter
• 1 cup of chocolate chips
• 2 cups of powdered sugar
• 1/4 cup 8 Ball Whiskey
Whisk all ingredients into a smooth batter, then transfer batter into a oiled baking tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 F. When cool, enjoy!
Whatever your plans may be — leaf peeping or trick-or-treating — stay safe! ￼